Press Registration Requirements
Press Badge Guidelines
The Specialty Food Association provides press badges to qualified media to cover its Fancy Food Shows. All credential requests are subject to approval by show management.
Who Qualifies for a Press Badge?
Working journalists in print, broadcast and digital media on assignment or conducting research for established publications and media outlets. This includes reporters, editors and publishers. Film crews and photographers must have proof of assignment.
- Freelancers must have published or broadcast in an established media outlet in past year on topics related to the specialty food industry.
- Blog writers must have created new content within the past three months on topics related to the specialty food industry. Product giveaways and contests do not qualify. Blog writers may be asked to provide evidence from a data-tracking service (such as Google Analytics) that unique visitors exceed 3,000 per month.
- Social influencers are approved on a case by case basis, but require content related to the specialty food industry in the past 3 months.
Who Does NOT Qualify?
Friends and family of journalists; sales, marketing and advertising executives and other non-editorial media staff; company presidents, industry consultants, public relations professionals, writers for company newsletters and websites, and cookbook authors who are not working journalists.
- Blog writers with less than 3,000 unique visitors per month.
- Freelancers who have not published or broadcast stories related to specialty food in the past year and do not have a letter of assignment for the show.
- Film crews/photographers engaged by exhibitors for marketing purposes (register through exhibitor as exhibitor personnel).
Media registering on site at the Fancy Food Show may be asked to provide evidence of current work about the specialty food industry for well-established media outlets. The same qualifications are required as for pre-registration.
- Solicitation of exhibitors by press is strictly prohibited. Press found soliciting exhibitors will lose their press credentials.
- All press must be age 18 or older.
- Government-issued photo ID is required to pick up press badge.